It's amazing what two atoms of hydrogen and two atoms of oxygen can do when combined. H₂O₂ – or hydrogen peroxide – is one of the most useful things you can have in your medicine cabinet. Use it as a mild antiseptic to prevent infection of minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. It may also be used as a mouth rinse to help remove mucus or to relieve minor mouth irritation (e.g., due to canker/cold sores, gingivitis). Hydrogen peroxide even has some household cleaning applications.
- McKesson Antiseptic Hydrogen Peroxide Topical Solution has a 3% hydrogen peroxide so is ideal for treating minor cuts and abrasions (although should not be used to treat deep wounds, animal bites, or serious burns)
- Hydrogen peroxide releases oxygen when it is applied to the affected area: The release of oxygen causes foaming, which helps to remove dead skin and clean the area
- Mixed with water, hydrogen peroxide can be used as a gargle or mouth rinse: Because it kills germs it may freshen breath
- McKesson Hydrogen Peroxide 3%
- Topical Solution USP
- First Aid Antiseptic
- Oral Debriding Agent
- For treatment of minor cuts and abrasions.
- For use as a gargle or rinse.
- Not made with natural rubber latex.